Here are some reasons why it is important to supplement your diet with protein:
- Muscle building and recovery: Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle, which is especially important for people who exercise or are physically active.
- Satiating effect: Protein takes longer to digest than carbohydrates and fat, which can help keep you full longer and reduce the risk of overeating.
- Stabilize blood sugar levels: Proteins can help keep blood sugar levels stable by slowing the absorption of sugar from carbohydrates.
- Support the immune system: Proteins are important for forming antibodies and enzymes that support the immune system.
- Maintenance of bone tissue: Proteins are an important component of bone mass and can help prevent osteoporosis.
Which superfoods contain protein and are good?
There are many natural foods that contain high levels of protein and also contain other important nutrients. Some of the most popular "superfoods" that contain protein include:
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a seed rich in protein, with about 8 grams of protein per 1 cup of cooked quinoa. It also contains fiber, magnesium and folate.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds contain about 4 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons and are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, calcium and iron.
- Lentils: Lentils are a cheap and easy source of protein, with about 18 grams of protein per 1 cup of cooked lentils. They also contain fiber, iron and folate.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds, such as almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, contain protein and healthy fats. One ounce of almonds provides about 6 grams of protein.
It is important to have a balanced diet with a variety of different foods to ensure you are getting enough protein and other nutrients.
Why should you use protein powder that contains organic pea protein and hemp proteinOrganic pea protein and hemp protein are both vegetable protein sources that can be used as alternatives to animal protein sources:
- Vegetable protein: For people who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, or who want to reduce their intake of animal protein for various reasons, organic pea protein and hemp protein can be good alternatives to animal protein sources.
- Easy to take: Protein powder can be a convenient and readily available source of protein that is easy to take with you and use when needed, such as after exercise or as a snack.
Did you know that our Protein Power contains 80% organic hemp & pea protein Read more here.
In general, most people need a certain amount of protein in their diet to maintain health and well-being. How much protein is needed depends on factors such as age, gender, weight, activity level and health. It is always best to speak with a doctor or a nutritionist to determine your specific protein needs.
The Swedish Food Agency. (2021). Protein, Chia seeds, Nuts and seeds, Eggs
The Nature Conservation Society. (2021). Hemp protein.
Ecoweb. (2021). Pea protein a trendy protein source..