The human gut is a complex system that plays a critical role in overall health and well-being.
One day I had enough, it took at least 2-3 omeprazole a day for my stomach to even digest the food. It wasn't sustainable and I needed a change.Read more about how Felicia changed her diet.
It is well known that diet greatly affects the gut, and certain foods can help maintain a good balance. This is where the superfood comes in - nutritious ingredients that have been shown to have a positive effect on the gut.
One such superfood mix isBelly Boost, which contains seven carefully selected ingredients designed to support normal intestinal balance, even for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Belly Boost is low in FODMAPs and contains ingredients such as lemongrass, fenugreek, psyllium husk, star anise, baobab, cinnamon and ginger.
- Lemongrass has been used in traditional medicine for its anti-inflammatory and digestive properties, whilefenugreek has been shown to support good digestion and soothe the gut (1).
- Psyllium husks is a soluble fiber that can help regulate bowel movements and support regularity (2).
- Star anise has been used for centuries to improve digestion and reduce bloating (3).
- Baobab are like prebiotics that help feed the good bacteria in the gut, promoting a healthy gut microbiome (4).
- Cinnamon has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, while ginger is well known for its digestive-enhancing properties (5,6).
The bottom line is that including superfoods like Belly Boost in your diet can be a simple and effective way to support normal gut health. However, it is always important to talkwith a doctor if you have problems.
- IfBelly Boost and also read what our customers say.
- The charm of the gut, how Felicia healed her gut with clean food and Superfood!
- Kallianpur AR, et al. "Fenugreek: An ethnomedicinal and pharmacological review." Asian Pac J Trop Med. 2010;3(2):135-141.
- Anderson JW, et al. "Health benefits of dietary fiber." Nutr Rev. 2009;67(4):188-205.
- Djae C, et al. "Traditional Uses and Potential Health Benefits of Star Anise (Illicium verum Hook. f.)." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013;2013:206424.
- Josling P. "Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey." Adv Ther. 2001;18(4):189-93.
- Kapoor R, et al. "Cinnamon: A Multifaceted Medicinal Plant." Evid Based Complement Alternative Med. 2013;2013:576962.
- Mustafa T, et al. "Ginger as a functional food: a review." Trends Food Sci Technol. 2015;41(2):111-117.